Merry & Bright
Have you started decorating yet for the holiday season?
Whether you are all done, in the process or haven't even started, let us help with some pet safety tips to keep everyone "merry & bright" and having a jolly ole' time :)
- Keep your pet safe by making sure your tree is properly secure so it won't accidentally tip over and hurt your pets or your small children.
- Keep glass ornaments out of reach; kittens love to play with the sparkly objects and often mistake them as a toy.
- Be sure to keep wires, extension cords and light strands out of plain view; pets might chew on them out of curiosity and the end results can be very dangerous! Secure with tape or keep them hidden.
- Mistletoe, Holly, and Poinsettias can be toxic if pets eat them. Get fake ones instead to avoid any emergency trips.
- If you light any candles do so when you are in sight and home; Unsupervised candles can be knocked over by pets and lead to a house fire or worse.
- Hide any holiday candy or chocolate in pantries or out of reach of pets. Chocolate and sugar can be harmful to pets' tummies!
- If your celebration includes adult holiday beverages, be sure to place your unattended alcoholic drinks where pets cannot get to them. Avoid any trips to the vet by all means.
- Dressing up your pet for a Christmas Card photo? Make sure that they are comfortable and can walk safely in the costume. If your pet does not enjoy being dressed in sweaters or vests opt for a festive holiday printed collar. Maybe even add some jingle bells like this one we found online!
- Giving a gift to your pet? If so be sure to remove any plastic tags or stickers before you giving them to play with.
- Lastly, remember to have FUN! Enjoy the holidays and surround yourself with your loved ones.